I am going to tell you how you can transform a piece of furniture. You can take anything from a dresser, chair, end table and or dining table and paint it. Nothing says style like a nicely painted piece of furniture, it adds that pop of color that all rooms need. Take a look on yallalist.com for gently used furniture that can be transformed into the perfect piece of furniture.
Simply follow these steps:
- Sand – use 150 grit sandpaper or 80-grit if you are sanding a piece with an existing varnish. This will help roughen up the piece of furniture so the primer will adhere easily.
- Wipe – take a lint-free cloth to remove any type of residue.
- Prime – use a mini foam roller and a foam brush to get into any hard-to-reach areas. Once your primer is fully dry, sand away any drips with a 220-grit sanding block, and wipe your piece with a lint-free cloth.
- Paint – use a mini foam roller to apply three thin coats of semi-gloss latex paint. Give it 6 to 8 hours in between coats. If you have any drips, start with step 1 and 2 again.
- Protect – last step, use a new foam roller to apply a thin coat of polycrylic water-based protectant in gloss. Give it about 72 hours to dry before use.
I can’t wait to see what you transform!