I am going to tell you how you can transform a piece of furniture. You can take anything from a dresser, chair, end table and or dining table and paint it. Nothing says style like a nicely painted piece of furniture, it adds that pop of color that all rooms need. Take a look on yallalist.com for gently used furniture that can be transformed into the perfect piece of furniture.
Simply follow these steps:
- Sand – use 150 grit sandpaper or 80-grit if you are sanding a piece with an existing varnish. This will help roughen up the piece of furniture so the primer will adhere easily.
- Wipe – take a lint-free cloth to remove any type of residue.
- Prime – use a mini foam roller and a foam brush to get into any hard-to-reach areas. Once your primer is fully dry, sand away any drips with a 220-grit sanding block, and wipe your piece with a lint-free cloth.
- Paint – use a mini foam roller to apply three thin coats of semi-gloss latex paint. Give it 6 to 8 hours in between coats. If you have any drips, start with step 1 and 2 again.
- Protect – last step, use a new foam roller to apply a thin coat of polycrylic water-based protectant in gloss. Give it about 72 hours to dry before use.
I can’t wait to see what you transform!
Looking to get in shape? Explore different types of fitness classes, right here on yallalist.com. Fitness classes help boost your motivation and will teach you new fitness techniques. You will be trained by experienced instructors that know how to build muscle and lose inches. There are even dance classes that help tone your body. What can be better, a fitness class that doesn’t seem like a workout but yet you are losing inches. It’s a win, win.
Don’t be intimidated everyone is there for the same reason, they want to look good. It’s time to get in shape! Search fitness classes now >>
It’s never easy finding a job, and it’s never easy finding someone for the job. The good thing about living in the age of technology is you don’t have to go door to door dropping off your resume, and the employer can post a job quick and easy, on yallalist.com. The job market is booming in Dubai, which it great for all searching for their next opportunity.
Jobs in demand for qualified professionals in UAE:
- Engineering (27%)
- Business management (24%)
- Commerce (23%)
Source: (The August 2013 Bayt.com Job Index survey)
Skills most in demand among UAE employers:
- Good communication skills in English and Arabic (51%),
- Good leadership skills (49%)
- Good team player (45%).
Source: (The August 2013 Bayt.com Job Index survey)
There are many job opportunities in Dubai as well as a high amount of educated candidates. Use your resources wisely. Yallalist.com is a great source for all your job searching and posting needs.
Repurposed furniture is all the rage, and it’s budget friendly. I love searching for unique pieces of furniture that I can either re-paint or use in a fun way.
“One man’s trash is another man’s treasure”.
You have to let your imagination run wide. I’ve seen people take ladders and turn them into a towel rack, or something as simple as painting an old chest with a fun bold color. Don’t hold back, add a conversational piece to your home. Yallalist is a great place to find furniture that you can easily repurpose, check out the classified section of the website.
Get some DIY furniture ideas:
There is nothing like putting your personal stamp on an item in your home. So get going….Put on your creative hat and start having fun turning an old piece of furniture into something new.
It’s the new year and that means it’s time to get fit. Most new years resolutions are in the realm of working out and losing weight, which isn’t a bad thing…. It’s just sticking to it and making it a lifestyle change not just a few weeks of working out and then never pulling out your running shoes again, until next year.
Don’t get overwhelmed. Here at Yallalist we have a community of ways to help you create the new healthy you.
- Check out the activities page, where you will find all types of activities that will keep you active and introduce you to other active people.
- Join the community in classes, fitness and dance.
- Take a peek at the sports page, if your the sporty type.
- Another great option, if you like to work out at home is the classifieds, sports equipment page. You can find great equipment at great prices.
Yallalist.com has exactly what you need for getting fit in 2015. Tell us how you plan on getting fit?
It’s time to get ready for the day we’ve been all waiting for…. Christmas Day. Whether you are having family and friends over for Christmas Eve or Christmas Day, you need to prepare. That means clean and declutter. Don’t allow the dust to build up with all your holiday decorations.
“Declutter before all your guests arrive”
Let’s face it, you bought gifts this month and that means you are more then likely over budget on spending. Well I have a great idea! Declutter your home. Get ride of items you really don’t need and sell them on www.yallalist.com. You are killing two birds with one stone. First, you are decluttering, and second you can make some extra cash.
Declutter 101: 2 Box Method
I like to start with two boxes. Label one of the boxes ‘Sell’ and the second box ‘Trash’. Now it’s time to begin, go through your home and find things that you haven’t used in a long time or completely forgot you even had to begin with. My rule of thumb if you haven’t used it in a year, then you wont miss it – get ride of it. Just think you are turning your unused things into cash.
Follow these simple steps and you will not only be prepared for Christmas but also ahead of the game with extra cash.